Etiquettes: Here are some do's and don'ts that will take you long way in your journey on this land of opportunities.
- Maintain distance when standing in queue
- Do not stare
- No pointing finger even to just show some far away thing or store. It has a totally different meaning here. It is a big No No.
- 'Would you please email" sounds more pleasing than 'Please email me'
- Greet: "Hi, How are you?" sounds better than 'Hello'
- Answer properly if you were greeted:'Fine, thank you, how are you?' sounds better than 'Good.'
- Wash hands after visiting restroom
- Do not talk while chewing food
- If someone sneezed- say 'Bless You'
- Hold the door open and wait for the lady to walk through the mall entrance , considered good manners
- Thank people who give you service: handyman, maid, electrician, plumber, customer support, ...
- Fill out surveys: Customer appreciation is very important for customer support employees
- Take it easy if you are avoided by people because you have flu
- Do not burp out, keep it low
- Sneeze in your elbow
- Swearing is not encouraged
I will keep adding further as and when readers keep suggesting more.