(A guest article by Rajitha)Everybody wants beautiful, blemish free, acne free, blackhead free, glowing face. After some years I came to US, due to climate change and also hormonal changes, I started getting pimples and dark spots on my face. I tried this oil massaging with natural and inexpensive ingredients available at home which I would like to share with you.
All you need are:
Castor oil and little olive oil\sunflower oil
Hot running water
Clean wash cloth
You may be surprised with the fact that, how come I am using oil to remove oil. Well, the fact is that oil dissolves oil. Castor oil dissolves and removes oily dirt from your clogged micro pores in the skin. Thus, leaves your skin smooth & clear.
|Why I choose Castor oil over so many other oils is because it is anti-inflammatory, has healing properties, & cleansing properties. As castor oil is thick and it will not easily penetrate into the pores, we need a secondary oil to dilute castor oil.|
- Take a 2 teaspoons of castor + 2 teaspoons of secondary oil mixture in your palm. You can straight away start this cleansing over your make-up, no need to wash your face prior to this. Rub the oil mixture on your face and neck with slow and firm motions.
- Soak the wash cloth in the hot water, wring it and lay it over your face.This will open the pores on your face.
- Once the wash cloth is dry, wipe off the face.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 couple of times.
- If your skin feels tight, take a little amount of oil mixture and pat onto your damp skin. Make sure to massage the left over oil into your skin so that there is no film of oil left.
You could be allergic to castor oil so it is better to test 24 hours before you apply on face. Test on your arm first.
Too much of castor oil may make your skin dry and tight. So, you have to find right combination of castor oil and secondary oil that suits you.
I would suggest you to apply this weekly or as your skin demands.
Have a happy glowing skin!